Electrical Wiring Repair in Murrieta Home and Business
Electrical wiring repair is a very hard task to do. Working with electricity and performing an electrical wiring repair is not just dangerous but deadly, and requires great training, caution, and experience.
Electrical wiring repair is needed in almost every home at some point. Although electrical wiring is designed to carry current at much higher than its rated capacity, increasing current above this rated capacity causes the wire to generate excess heat, and that may require electrical wiring repair.
The danger of overloading your electrical wiring is twofold, in that firstly it will probably be unable to handle the workload and simply shut down, and secondly, as your wiring struggles to cope it will heat up more and more, increasing the risk or a fire, that is why electrical wiring repair is a must to every home and businesses.
A home that maintains electrical safety can be done in relatively little time, and give you a good idea of what other steps should be taken. Even if you know little about electricity, applying common sense to simple tips for home electrical safety is important. Because most residents in a house make use of electricity on a daily basis, you will need to make sure that home electrical safety is followed for everyone’s sake.
Considering the safety of your family, watch this video on how to check the wiring in your home.
Older homes present a number of risks not present in more modern buildings. One of these risks is faulty electric wiring, which combined with lighting equipment failures was responsible for an average of 22,410 fires per year between 2007 and 2011 according to The National Fire Protection Association. Homes built in the early 20th century may contain “knob and tube” style wiring, while those built in the 1960s and 1970s may contain aluminum wiring instead of copper. Both are safe when in good condition, but present an added risk of electrical fire as they degrade over time.
If you are moving into or own an older home, it is important to understand your risk of electrical fire and possibly take steps to update your wiring.
What to look for
There are a number of warning signs to look for when considering the possibility of faulty wiring, according to HouseLogic.
- Constantly tripped breakers or fuses can mean that your wiring is degrading. It could also just mean that part of your house is drawing an inordinate amount of energy. If a fuse for one specific part of your house is constantly tripping and there are a number of energy drawing appliances getting used simultaneously, this may be the problem.
- A tingling feeling when you touch a switch or appliance may mean that your wiring is being grounded by the object you are touching. This should not be happening, as it means a current is flowing through you every time you touch the object.
- Flickering lights can also be a sign of faulty wiring, or it may be that the light bulb you have installed is simply nearing the end of its life. Carefully replace the light bulb, preferably with a new CFL bulb that is correctly rated for the appliance. If the flickering continues, the wiring is likely to blame.
- A burning smell is never a good sign in any part of your home. If you smell burning every time you use an appliance, your wiring may be to blame.
- Browning outlets can also mean that there is a problem with your wiring, particularly if they are warm to the touch. The more significant the browning, the faster you should act, as this presents a real risk of electrical fire.
Even if you aren’t seeing any of these warning signs, you should still consider getting a home inspector to take a look at your house if it is 40 years old or more, HouseLogic suggested. This service should cost between $150 to $300 and will give you important peace of mind.
Other signs of dated wiring are standard outlets in your bathroom – which were replaced by ground fault circuit interrupters for potentially damp environments in modern homes. In addition, ungrounded – or two pronged – outlets throughout your house can be a sign of dated wiring. Even if there is nothing wrong with your home, if you have only ungrounded outlets you should get them updated. Chances are you are using an adaptor for your appliances that require all three prongs, which is not a safe practice.
A total home warranty may be able to protect you from the unexpected cost of replacing failed electrical components. A home warranty is a great way to increase your homeowner confidence and reduce your liability into a low monthly cost.
Ensure Electrical Safety In and Around Your Home
Fires caused by electrical wiring are not limited to homes. Improper electrical wiring can result in electrical shock, circuit shorts, appliance failures or electrical fires. Having a home warranty that covers electrical wiring can be extremely useful, however, as wiring problems are bound to occur eventually no matter how old or new your home may be. Your safety is a primary concern so we make sure that all your residential electrical wiring can protect you from fire hazards and electrical shocks.
What are you waiting for? Let our experts handle your electrical wiring repair needs. Pick up the phone and call us here: (951) 805-1262.
For more related articles about electrical repair go here: