Energy Cost Savings Solutions For Commercial Electricity
Commercial electricity is an essential part of the success of your business. Where commercial electricity is concerned, what you have is a choice, and that is most certainly something to be thankful for. One of the easiest ways to combat the cost of commercial electricity is by switching supplier.
Commercial electricity is a significant expense for any business. The move to a smart grid will have massive changes in the way commercial electricity is supplied and consumed. Heating, cooling, and company workstations are just three of the many ways commercial electricity is used on a daily basis.Commercial electricity is responsible for powering numbers of different equipment which are a necessity for the survival of a business.
At the commercial level, updating older buildings with new, more efficient technology can help reduce the amounts of electricity required to power a business. Installing Legend Power’s Harmonizer, for example, is a great way to monitor and minimize voltage consumption and therefore conserve large amounts of energy over time!
But why do we do it? What’s the point?
Here are the biggest reasons why it is important to be energy-conscious and make every effort to conserve our electricity:
- Conservation can save you money. This is one of the biggest reasons many begin to cultivate a culture of conservation, however, as more and more people learn, it is certainly not the only reason.
- Less electricity used means less fossil fuels burned. It’s true that we can obtain electricity from cleaner sources of energy such as wind and solar power, but much of the electricity that we use is still from sources such as oil and coal. Fossil fuels are not renewable sources and the more electricity we consume, the faster these resources will be depleted.
- Fossil fuels are not a clean source of energy either. Conservation of electrical energy can help to lessen pollution and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Check more here.
Whether it is being used to achieve the right lighting or heating, so that both the employees and visitors have comfortable conditions to work or purchase products in, commercial electricity is important.
Turning Things Off
Turning things off seems simple, but remember that for every 1,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) that you save by turning things off, you save $100 on your utility bill, assuming average electricity costs of 10 cents per kWh.
- Lights. Turn off lights when they are not in use. Occupancy sensors and timers can help, but a less expensive alternative would be to educate and motivate employees to turn off lights at the end of the day.
- Computers and office equipment. The typical desktop computer, monitor, and shared printer draw about 200 watts. Most of the equipment sold today goes into a low-power sleep mode after a period of inactivity. Unfortunately, most users don’t take advantage of this feature. Making sure that these energy-saving modes are enabled can produce significant energy savings. A single monitor draws about 100 watts; if left on overnight and on weekends, it could add $30 or more to the annual energy bill.
- Space heaters. Space heaters are energy hogs, drawing 1 kilowatt or more of power. As a first step, plug heaters into power strips controlled by occupancy sensors (other loads such as task lights and monitors can also be plugged into the power strips). See full article here.
Reducing On Commercial Electricity Is A Must
Take just a moment to consider the energy you’re likely paying for that no one in your office is using, and you’ll definitely want to find smart ways to reduce your business energy costs. Hopefully, enough commercial electricity can be provided globally before we burn all our fossil fuel or global temps become a runaway and irreversible. The fact is, depending on the size of your organization and facilities, you can lower your electric bill by thousands of dollars every month by taking a few easy steps to increase the energy efficiency of your offices.
The specific tips and simple changes you can make that can add up to short-term and long-term energy savings for your business. If you have any queries regarding commercial electricity do not hesitate to fill the free quote on our website. Commercial electricity have a fanatical customer service department who would like the opportunity to exceed your expectation contact us (951) 805-1262 today!