RJL Consulting Inc. can help you with all your energy management needs. As consumers, we want to ensure that we are managing our energy costs as efficiently as we can. This will not only help you to save money it will also reduce negative environmental impact (less carbon emissions). In the case of businesses/organizations it will also reduce risk by ensuring you are less sensitive to profit-killing energy price increases.
Energy Management Requires a Strategy
In order to ensure that you are making the most of the energy you use, it is important to develop a strategy. We will have to monitor and adjust your energy usage over a period of time, to best determine what areas you can cut back on or implement more efficient systems.
It is absolutely paramount that your energy usage is planned strategically. In order to do this, certain measures will have to be put in place. We recommend that you:
- Meter your Energy Usage:
Installing a modern metering system can go a long way to ensuring you have accurate data from which to draw conclusions.
- Track the Data From your Meter: Automatic Interval Metering Systems are the best solution for tracking data, as monthly or even weekly meter systems will not be able to tell you how much energy you are using at varying times of the day.
- Analyze the Data and Identify Energy Saving Opportunities: Analyzing the data will help you to spot patterns. The patterns in energy usage will enable you to better identify inefficiencies.
- Take Action by Replacing or Upgrading Energy Inefficient Equipment: By analyzing and identifying inefficiencies, you will be able to take action by upgrading faulty equipment, improving current infrastructure, or make behavioral changes that correspond with the data.
- Continue To Track Progress and Improve Incrementally: Energy Management is an on-going process. By continuing to track your progress you will be able to see which solutions are most effective. You will also be able to continuously optimize your energy consumption.
Strategically planned energy usage is the best solution for both residential and commercial consumers. By looking at your energy conservation efforts with a more critical eye, and taking a results-driven approach, you will be able to quickly identify shortcomings and work to resolve them.
Here at RJL, we will help you every step of the way to ensure that you are staying ahead of the curve. As power costs increase, the smartest thing to do is to assess your current usage and make adjustments where necessary. Hardly anyone is 100% energy efficient; so it just makes sense to ensure you are doing all you can to reduce blind energy consumption.
Implementing an energy management system is just one of many solutions to high energy costs. Others include:
- Energy Conservation: This is a behavioral change in which individuals actively attempt to reduce the energy they consume on a daily basis. This has less to do with the actual equipment and more on how often or how little energy is actively consumed by a household or organization. For example, opting to air-dry clothing as opposed to using a dryer.
- Sustainable Energy: Sustainable energy is the combination of both energy efficiency and renewable energy. Examples of renewable energy sources include Solar Energy, Hydropower and Wind Power.
In the case of new construction, RJL Consulting will work with you to determine the best solution. We will help you to implement top-notch systems to ensure you are maximizing energy efficiency. We will also plan and install robust electrical power distribution systems.
Overall, energy management is an ongoing process, and we are more than happy to advise you and help you every step of the way. Be sure to give us a call and we can discuss the best solution for your situation.